Pediatric dentistry begins with the care of babies.
Most dentists don’t have sufficient knowledge or have difficulties in treating patients under 3 years old – we need to change this as treating early is key for prevention!
General dentists have a role to play when treating pregnant women as they need to know about how adverse effects during pregnancy can impact and cause problems with the baby’s teething.
At this conference, pediatric dentists and general dentists will be able to:
1. Learn about the pediatric dentistry booklet used in the baby clinic of the University of Murcia in Spain.
2. Understand the list of possible problems that can happen during pregnancy and the teething of babies.
3. Learn how Pediatric dentistry treats babies in the baby clinic.
4. Understand the participation of parents in babies’ dental care.
5. Recognize the different types of caries lesions in babies and how to treat them with minimum intervention.